Here you can find the Powerpoint presentations from the YSP seminars:
The Smart Grid:Qinran Hu, PhD Canidate
- Explainining the importance of the grid and how it can benefit consumers. Smart Grids are capable of sensing system overloads, they prevent or minimize a potential outage, and work autonomously when conditions require resolution faster than humans can respond.
Power System Overview: Mr. Erin Wills CURENT Education Coordinator
- Discussing the history of Power Systems and the Transmission and Distibution of Power. Reviwing PMU’s, FNET, Smart Grid, etc.
Power Electronics Overview:Prof. Daniel Costinett, CURENT Co-Director of Education and Diversity
- Discussing Power Electronics and the difference in AC and DC currents. Also learned about numerous Electronic Circuit applications that we use everyday.
- Fundamentals of the Electric Grid: Dr. Kevin Tomsovic, CURENT Director
- You will learn about numerous components pertaining to the grid. What is three phase power? What is reactive power? What is electric power?
- Energy Conservation_A Social-Psych Approach: Dr. Xiaojing Xu and Dr. Chen, CURENT Director of Education and Diversity
- Learning the importance and certain methods of social psychology.
- AC_DC Instructions: Terence Randall, PhD Canidate
- Within this experiment, we will learn how to do a simple AC to DC conversion. We will learn how to operate specific equipment in order to do.
- Bull Run: Coal Fired Power Generation: By Mr. Foy, CURENT Research Experience for Teachers participant
- We will learn the basic ideals of a Coal Fired Power Generation. Knowing more about conceptual equations, air cycle, steam cycle, etc.
- TCIPG: Trustworthy Cyber Infrastructure for the Power Grid: Grid information, time-sensitive pricing, power economics, energy storage, etc.
- Mobile Networking and Sensing Systems: Dr. Wei Gao, Assistant Professor EECS
- Learning more about wireless communication, mobile networks, Biomedical sensing and its importance in everyday life and human interaction
- Power Systems I: By Mr. Erin Wills, CURENT Education Coordinator
- Power Systems II: By Dr. Jing Wang, Visiting Faculty
YSP Expectations 2015 Dr. Chen, Director of Education and Diversity Program & Research Professor
How to Make a Good Poster: by Qinran Hu