Reference Reading Materials
Trends in Engineering:
- An explanation of why more engineers are needed
- Trends in Engineering
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science:
- A department overview of UTK and EECS
RET Program Expectations:
- Explanation of CURENT’s expectations for teachers
- Essential principles and fundamental concepts for energy education
- Energy_Literacy_High_ResEnergy Literacy. U.S. Department of Energy, July 2013.
“Powering Planet Earth”:
- Discussion of issues regarding the scale of energy
- Lewis, Nathan S. “Powering the Planet.” MRS Bull. MRS Bulletin 32.10 (2007): 808-20. Web.
Future Global Energy Prosperity: The Terawatt Challenge”:
- Information and details about reversing the current energy trends
- Smalley, Richard E. “Future Global Energy Prosperity: The Terawatt Challenge.” MRS Bull. MRS Bulletin 30.06 (2005): 412-17. Web.
- A continuation of the discussion of hindrances and solutrions to efficient energy options
- Field, Mike. “The Terawatt.” Johns Hopkins Engineering. 2009. Web.
RET Sample Lesson Plan:
- The sample provided is from TeachEngineering.org. The template does a nice job of balancing document length and helpful information. This lesson plan is a multi-day lesson so this is longer than what it would be if it was only an activity
Schematics and Wiring:
AC versus DC: