Research Experience for Undergraduates
CURENT offers undergraduate students outside of UT, Knoxville the chance to perform in-depth research with faculty at CURENT’s world class facilities. Each student will work closesly with a faculty advisor and a graduate mentor to customize their research and help them during the research process.
The program lasts eight weeks, beginning at the end of May and going through mid July.
The 2018 REU dates are June 4 – July 27, 2018.
At the end of the session, students will participate in a poster presentation to faculty, graduate students, and fellow researchers to highlight their work. These research projects will investigate:
- power systems
- power electronics and drives
- alternative energy sources
- cyber security & smart grid
- energy storage
- control and communication
- power transmission
- large data analytics and visualization
- distributed and collaborative visualization
- power market structures
- fault resiliency through robust collaboration among local controllers
To apply, please visit the REU application page here.
Past project overviews can be found in the drop at: http://education.curent.utk.edu/undergrad/reu-projects/
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Anne Skutnik, Education Coordinator: