Since many of you will be using Matlab in your research, here are a few links that will explain the basics of Matlab and lead you through examples.
- Introduction to MATLAB: Houssem Rafik El Hana Bouchekara, Umm El Qura University
- MATLAB: David Houcque, Northwestern University
- MATLAB YouTube Tutorials
- Smart Grid Data Communication
- Smart Grid Introduction
- NOVA Smart Grid Video
Preparing a Technical Presentation
Preparing and delivering a technical presentation is an important part of engineering. Here are some links to help you create your own technical presentations and deliver them effectively.
- How to Prepare and Deliver a Presentation: Robert Cipolla, University of Cambrige
- Quick Tips on Preparing and Delivering a Good Presentation: Universities’ Transport Study Group
- Giving a Technical Presentation: Michael Ernst, University of Washington
- Presentation Grading Rubric: Grading Criteria for your Presentations
Writing a Technical Paper
Writing about research is another important aspect of engineering. To share your research with others, you must communicate your findings clearly in writing. Here are some links that may help you write your technical paper:
- Tips for Writing a Technical Paper: Jennifer Widom, Stanford University
- How to Write a Technical Paper: Georgios Varsampoulos, Arizona State University
IEEE Paper Template
This is the template researchers publishing through the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. It will show you how to organize your paper to IEEE standards.