There are two sections to this page.
- Section One: NGSS Lessons features lessons created in partnership with our Research Experience for Teachers (RET) participants which are aligned to Next Generation Science Standards. They are intended for classroom use, but can be modified as needed.
- Section Two: At-Home Science Lessons are lessons modified in response to the physical distancing and cancelation of K-12 schools during the COVID-19 pandemic. These are activities specifically written so that parents as well as educators could use them with minimal resources. They are arranged by grade level.
Section 1: NGSS Lessons
This is a compilation of lessons created by Research Experience for Teachers (RET) participants. We have arranged these lessons in areas based on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and topics. These lessons are in progress.
Elementary Science Standards
Middle School Science Standards
MS-PS2 Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
High School Science Standards
HS-PS2: Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
- Wireless Electricity (PDF)
Section 2: At-Home Science Lessons
- Powering VOLt City – Grades 3-8: an interactive activity about renewable and non-renewable resources as well as the social and economic costs of power generation
- Let’s Communicate – all ages: developing communication skills via Legos
- Engineering Careers – grades 3-8: an activity that has students brainstorm about engineers and then reserarh to learn more.